Vitamin C Sustain Release contains 500 mg of vitamin C per tablet. The sustained-release formula helps maintain elevated blood levels of vitamin C with a slow release over 6 hours. Vitamin C helps protect body fluids and the watery portions of cells from free-radical damage. It helps maintain cellular integrity, cardiovascular health and supports healthy aging. You need 60 mg of vitamin C every day because your body can’t store or produce it.
Vitamin C Sustain Release is made from whole food oranges
This unique blend of whole citrus fruits provides virtually all the nutritional elements found in whole oranges, minus the water. These include juice, rind and pulp factors – so you get vitamin C, bioflavonoids, flavedo, mesocarp, endocarp and proto-pectins. Each Vitamin C Sustain Release tablet contains the same vitamin C goodness of 8 oranges.
Why you need vitamin C
Vitamin C has long been thought of as a cold season antioxidant, but C does not stop there!
- Immune system strength and production of white blood cells and antibodies.
- Antioxidant activity of cells, lipids, proteins and DNA. Health responds to cold and viral challenges.
- Normal healthy cellular growth and activity in tissues and organs.
- Cardiovascular health and smooth arterial flow. Strong blood vessels and capillaries.
- Healthy stomach, upper airway passages and digestive tract.
- Optimal wound healing and healthy skin.
- The body’s healthy response to oxidative stress, oxygen utilization, acclimatization to heat and recovery after physical exertion.
- Strong bones and healthy teeth and gums.
- Eye health, the lens of the eye.
- Long-term wellness and longevity.
Vitamin C plays a role in
- Formulation of collagen (skin suppleness). Collagen is the major protein of connective tissue, cartilage and bone.
- Development of carnitine, an essential agent involved with metabolism.
- Formation of brain neurotransmitters, including epinephrine, norepinephrine and serotonin.
- Hormone synthesis as it relates to the body’s stress response.
- Iron absorption, transport and storage.
- Detoxification of harmful substances.
- Metabolism of amino acids, lipids (including cholesterol) and protein.
- Conversion of folic acid (Vitamin B) to its active form.
- Regeneration of oxidized Vitamin E, restoring its protective effect.
- Protection of other important vitamins and phytonutrients from oxidative damage.